No measuring with this recipe ! It is a classic little bit of this, little bit of that until it tastes just right to YOU.
- Red Cabbage
- Green cabbage
- I start with the cabbages to determine how much I am making. You can make it with equal amounts of all vegetables or 2 cabbage to 1 of other vegetables
- Slice thin like you are making slaw. Or chop fine.
- Reduced Sodium Tamari
- Brown Rice Vinegar
- Toasted Sesame oil
- Sesame oil
- Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce
- Fresh lime juice
- Almond butter ( creamy or chunky) OR Peanut Butter
- honey ( optional)
- fresh ginger
- For a smallish salad, In a blender:
Start with 4 ounces tamari
- Maybe 2 ounces of toasted sesame oil
- Then add a couple cloves of garlic and a 1 inch piece of peeled ginger
- A little bit of all of the above
- Blend to combine
You should be able to taste all the flavors you have added. The almond butter will make it creamy, the tamari adds salt , lime & vinegar make it pop, Sesame oil gives it that asian, nutty flavor, Mae Ploy is sweet and a little hot. honey will add sweetness and helps smooth out the over all taste.
Add little bits at a time and you will find just the right mix for you.
Toss with shredded vegetables and generously sprinkle with chopped toasted almonds. (or peanuts).
This dressing is also a delicious dipping sauce for satay, fresh rolls or a green salad